- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you download, install, register with, access or use the App.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website or App.
Information we collect about you and how we collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website and/or the App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- that is about you, but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App and usage details, your mobile device; and your location.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Website or the App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, information regarding your mobile device and your location, which information may be collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies;
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website or the App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website or the App, subscribing to our services, posting material to the Website or the App, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Website or the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website or the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or the App.
- Your search queries on the Website or the App.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or the App, or transmitted to other users of the Website or the App or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages or you may be able to set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies
As you navigate through, interact with and/or use our Website or the App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to, access of or use of the Website or the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or the App;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and/or
- Information about your mobile device.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, the App, and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website and/or application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website and/or application content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present or provide you with the Website or the App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes or updates to the Website or the App or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or the App.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our services or products that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of your information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website and/or App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You may be able to control access to your information as discussed below.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a purchase of our services, products, service or product experience or other transactions.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website or the App and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement.
If you are an EU citizen you are governed from a Privacy point of view by GDPR rules.
Under GDPR you have to right to:
- Access your information
- Update your information
- Request the deletion of your information (the right to be forgotten)
- Object to the use of certain personal information
- Request access restriction to your information
For exercising any of the above rights, you can contact us directly. You have also the right to form a complaint to the Data Protection Authority in case you are concerned about a violation of your rights in relation with your personal information or if we are not able to resolve your request.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website or App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.